Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Felt a little bit like a dentist today, spending much of my time on the teeth. Thank god for those little rubber-tipped clay tools. They were perfect for this particular job. I still need to go back and lengthen the front couple of teeth a bit and adjust the gum line down in front (hmm... the bony part is probably not referred to as "gums", true?), but it's coming along. I also did some major tweaking to the mandible as well as the whole back half-hemisphere of the skull, removing a significant amount of clay. Still a lot more to do to get it refined to the level I want it, but the end is in sight. You can see the two skull models I've been working from below. Big differences between the two! The one on the right is a female skull, but the bony parts around the teeth are significantly eroded, so I'm glad to have the other skull to fill in the missing information.


A little glimpse at my work set-up. I've been keeping track of my hours on this project and it's been about 40 hours so far, not including the time on the armature.