Thursday, September 18, 2008

and it was all yellow...

Back in the studio today. It's been a busy week, but more on that later :) Today was "yellow day" for the color swatches --


But I didn't want to just do boring old color swatches (though really -- these colors are not boring! I love what this wax does). So I grabbed a scrap piece of plexi and did some playing around. I had no plans for this piece other than to play and experiment, so I very consciously did NOT judge as I created. I wanted only to explore tactically, visually --


While the wax was melting I busied myself with general studio clean-up and organization. A long, long time ago I used to love playing with beads. I still have my collection (I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of all those beautiful sparkly beads!), and maybe someday will find a way to use them again. As I was cleaning and organizing I found some of my old projects - some that I did on my own, and others I did for some classes I used to teach about beading --
This was a fun project, as I recall. Tedious and time-consuming, but I've always loved that sort of work. Truly meditative for me --