Friday, June 12, 2009

More work today. Moved the lips down, refined the features to be more delicate. Still much work yet to be done, particularly around the eye sockets, which just aren't flowing into the whole. No doubt I'm not understanding something about the planes of the face and the underlying structure.


Today I also added a lot more to the back of the head. I just can't work toward a realistic (ish) face without also doing the back of the head and working it as a whole. Still more to add to the back here, but this is a great improvement from the "face lacking a cranium" I started with today --


Just another view here. In this picture you can see the image of the Marin sculpture I had started out trying to emulate. I'm no longer working toward this, though. It was just a good way to start.