Saturday, June 20, 2009

Speaking of inaccuracies in the Schlossberg model, check out these stick-straight cervical vertebrae --


... as compared with the much more natural curve of the same vertebrae in the half-size skeleton model --


And in the photo below (Schlossberg model again) it's the impossible lie of the pelvis, tilted far too forward and down. In fact, this is why I have two of these models. When I received the first I tried to return it because of how the pelvis hung down in a way that no human could physically assume (it was also twisted too far sideways). After much back-and-forth with the company that sold it to me, they ended up sending me a second model and telling me to go ahead and just keep the first, as well.


Below is the pelvis on the half-size model. MUCH better! For the price of this model ($49.99, cheaper than the Schlossberg one, too) it's a real bargain. Not perfect, but certainly usable.