Friday, July 3, 2009

Started another new piece. Just lips this time. Pottery (water) clay, once again. I really like the responsiveness. As I was working on the forms of the lips I was moved to split the bottom lip down the center. No reason, really. Just felt like it. Perhaps at a future date the split will be filled with something intriguing? We'll see. I'm not working with any plans at this point. I'm just going with what interests me..


Then I went back to the water clay face I had started earlier in the week. I was a little reluctant to work more on it. Fearful I'd overwork it and it'd end up losing something, but I did it anyway. Just refined some curves and added some realistic subtleties, going for something pleasing. The face, itself, is not very big. Maybe just 5 or 6 inches from chin to forehead.