Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Broke out the paints again today. Usually I'm itching to do more three-dimensional things but today was all about paint. First, a glimpse at what I worked on yesterday (the lighting was poor so a lot of detail is fuzzed out in this photo). I added the vertical rust-orange elements but still have more to do on this. The orange verticals feel very much "laid on" and not part of the painting yet --

My growing family of patina'd mouths --

A sort of overall view of many of the paintings I've been working on --
And this is how I ended the day. Pulled out one of my larger canvases and tried my hand at texture work again. Was a whole different feel to be working on something this large. I'm usually hunched over much smaller things, working from a chair. But with this I had to be constantly moving back and pacing around, just to be able to take the whole of it in visually --

A peek at how the texture is coming along (this from the right hand side of the canvas) --